Sunday, October 28, 2007

Leopard upgrade problems [SOLVED]

Another report of a problem affecting users who have upgraded to Leopard. According to the MacRumors forum, a user had the beachball of death when he used Finder. He already knew about the Unsanity Application Enhancer issue so he uninstalled it beforehand. His Mac, however, ran into troubles. Luckily, he found a solution over at the Apple Discussions forum and it consisted off renaming the DivX folder. Problem solved.

At this very moment (10:40AM) I am witnessing an upgrade process that has gone wrong. I woke up this morning to iJustine's Twitter message, got curious and I went over to her Justin.tv page. What was happening when I started view the cam live was Justine ran into issues when she tried to upgrade to Leopard.  Been watching for 1 hour now and as far as I can tell Justine tried to do a archive and install and things just went haywire. I'll try to watch this entire saga to its end.

[Update 10:45AM] She brought in Scott, who I think is a regular, and he's trying to have Justine remove her... Macbook's battery. She doesn't like the idea.

[Update 10:59AM] Just found out that the Leopard startup screen keeps looping. 

[Update 11:30PM] Looks like everything is all right now. Wasn't there to witness it though. Man, that's 12 hours before resolution. I'd be pulling my hair out if that happened to me. Crossing my fingers that I won't have any problems with my upgrade to Leopard.

No comments: