Friday, November 2, 2007

iSlayer iStat menu updated

I'm an information junkie. That's why I have 100+ RSS feeds to browse through and 600+ podcasts that I'm supposed to listen to. The RSS I can handle. The podcasts... Not so sure.

I also like knowing what's going on inside my computer. These include processor and memory usage, fans, temperature and network activity. The first application that I used in monitoring my computer was MenuMeter. At the same time I was also running another monitoring tool but it resided as a widget in Dashboard. iSlayer's iStat was graphically more appealing but it involved having to go into Dashboard to see what my Mac was doing at that time. MenuMeter finally got the boot when iSlayer released iStat menu which essentially is the iStat widget on the menu bar. iStat menu is more customizable and easier to configure.

iStat menus version 1.2 has improvements such as processes monitoring, enhanced Date & Time, enhanced bandwidth monitoring, better temperature and fan support, better support for temperature sensors in G4 PowerBooks, disk performance monitor and more.

This 2.6 MB download is a must have if you want to know what's going on inside your Mac.

No comments: