Friday, November 9, 2007

My Leopard install experience

4:03 PM Powerbook restarting.

4:06 PM Welcome screen on.

4:39 PM I'm back. Got interrupted. I've now started the installation process. Chose the default drive. Doing an erase and install. Removed all printer drivers and excess languages.

Time Remaining: Calculating.

4:21 PM Time remaining. Calculating.

4:46 PM 28 minutes remaining.

4:54 PM 14 minutes remaining. Have to administer an exam.

5:09 PM: Installation done. Restarting now.

5:41 PM: More interruptions. Leopard's up and running on my 12" 1GHz Powerbook. No translucent menu bar as expected. All in all, installation without the interruptions took about 15 minutes. Time to play with this baby.

I'll be posting my own review of the features I've been meaning to play with like Quick Look, Cover Flow, and Spotlight. Stay tuned.

No comments: