Friday, November 2, 2007

LiveQuartz

Adobe's Photoshop is considered to be the king when it comes to editing pictures or images. However, if I were to get a copy of Photoshop, it would set me a couple of hundreds of dollars. If I stop and think about it, the cost is not really justified since I only use less than 20% of the features in Photoshop. That's why I'm always in the look out for alternatives to Photoshop that has the basic functionalities but won't cost me an arm and a leg.

LiveQuartz is a free image editor that has the basic tools such as brush, eraser, drawing, gradient, text and lasso. LiveQuartz is based on layers and CoreImage filters. The application also has a Leopard compatible version ready for download. Other image editing programs that is worth looking at are Pixen, Pixelmator, and Seashore.

No comments: