Thursday, November 8, 2007

What's up, Dock? Ey, men...u.

So many litanies have been made about the menu bar and Dock. I'm reserving my judgment for now. But for those who already have Leopard running in their Macs and you abhor the translucent menu bar you can hack it to be become solid . Eternal Storms Software also has released the freeware app, OpaqueMenuBar which makes the menu bar, well, opaque.

For those who are not into hacking the menu bar, they may choose to use Peter Krantz's method of just putting a 12 pixel high strip of white or black on top of each wallpaper.

The Dock also is getting a lot of flack flak because of the changes. If you're one of those who hates the boring new Dock with a passion, Yellatducks has some nifty ways to customize the look of your Dock.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm reserving judgment for now. I'll give myself a week before I can say whether I like the menu bar and Dock or not.

No comments: