Thursday, November 15, 2007

Leopard's mosaic screen saver

I didn't even know that this feature exists until I heard it from a podcast. I think it was the MacCast Loop or the Typical Mac User Podcast. There is a screensaver option creates a photo mosaic out of pictures in iPhoto. The effect is hypnotic, according to Michael Rose. From what I understand the effect goes something like A picture will first show up on the screen and it will slowly zoom out revealing more pictures in the process. Then the pictures will resolve into a mosaic of a picture from your iPhoto library and this will just go on and on and on.

I think this is a really cool feature. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this until after the Davao Mac Users Group meeting. I couldn't have demoed it anyway since I don't have iPhoto '08 yet.

Can't wait to try this out soon.

No comments: